Friday, July 29, 2011

Nothing Compares

I've tasted what this world has to offer. I've gotten high, gotten drunk, cut myself (both for the high and for the simple desire to feel something), had the love and approval of people whose opinions shouldn't have mattered to me but did. I've tried pretty much everything this world offers.

And what did it give me? Shame, guilt, and emptiness. A hole inside that felt larger than when I began. Grief for the innocence I lost. A longing to go back and redo my life.

But I can't. I can't change the past. I can't undo the mistakes I've made over the past few years.

So instead I choose to look back and remember the greatest lesson I learned: nothing in this world can compare with Jesus.

Nothing compares with Jesus. The thrills of this life cannot compare with His joy. The approval of man cannot compare with His love. Nothing can compare with knowing and being known by Him. Nothing compares with Him.

It sounds cliché, but it's true. I've learned this through my own experience and through watching other people live miserable lives, trying to fill the emptiness with everything but God. I've lived in that emptiness, been engulfed by it. And I promise you, there's only one thing that fills that void.

He is Elohim. Yahweh. Yeshua.

No comments:

Post a Comment